Wednesday, June 4, 2008

IN ONE ACCORD

“When a Nation is divided it is a Nation searching for answers for change. When we are divided inside ourselves, we do the same thing.” Jeff Johnson June 2008

A while back, I had to do two debates on a subject picked from a list. Simple enough, but the two debates were on the same subject presenting both view points. I picked a topic that I really had strong emotions to both sides of the coin. Thinking I could resolve myself to a point of view that made sense more than another—I took on the challenge. After a lot of research, I did not change my opinion of believing both sides had good stances, but the split feeling inside still existed from having two viewpoints that contrasted each other.

Everyone has issues whereby we have contrasting or torn points of view. Many times our ideas do not have a resolution or we have multiple choices for behavior modification and all seem justified. Finding a peaceful state of tranquility intrinsically means we need to focus on those things we do not find disquieting. This is not a position to proverbially stick our head in the sand, but it seems those issues we have the most choices about dominate our time, emotions, and leaves little time for harmony time and focus. BE A FORWARD STEPPER by thinking more on those things that bring us joy, generate happy thoughts, and give moments of peace.

I believe in you because YOU ARE WORTH IT,
Jeff

No comments: